Monday, January 18, 2010

4 inches of rain.


With everyone being concerned about the impending weather conditions, with the newscasters saying it will be as wet as 2005. I thought I would put up a few post during this week of storms to assist us all into knowing that we are all alright.
We did have an amazing about of rain, more like sheeting, for about a 45 minutes. After which it was over, we discovered that a tree had gone down, not a problem tho, it was a dead tree anyway. That is in the second photo.
The first photo is taken from the chain link fence gate, or about at the back of the old Quonset. This was taken about 30 minutes after that heavy rain. In the middle of the photo is a small tree. It is the pine tree that Tom has been nursing along since the flood. At the time the photo was taken, you can see that the creek was "running wide" and was about 2 1/2 to 3 feet away from the pine tree. I will use this position for any other photos I take regarding the rain. At the moment, the water is back down to about 6 feet from the tree. Run off, Runs off, thank goodness.
I had to get something to the post office, so I took a drive. Boy everyone was scampering in unplugging drains, trees had fallen, and at one point a bunch of rocks has flowed across the road. Not much fun driving there.One final note, Tom is working in the fields today, what a guy!

3 comments:

jenibug said...

The creek looks pretty good! Thanks for posting. As I opened up the creek photo, it hit me it was the first time I had seen how the creek looked via computer!

Momma Nic said...

creek on computer. Coming to a town near you. tee hee.

Alyssa said...

Stay dry this week! Glad your home is secure and dry...Enjoy a nice week of staying indoors with some good movies ;)