Saturday, April 19, 2008

What time is it?






Sushi Time!!






This exact candy sushi wasn't made by me - it was made by my friend JK.(As you can tell she's got the artist eye. What a happy rice ball. hahaha) We'd heard about candy sushi from Rachel Ray's 30 Minute Meals and an episode of Gilmore Girls and had been wanting to try it for a long time and this week we finally did it! So basically, its Fruit Roll Ups as the seaweed, rice crispy treats(before its cooled so its moldable) as the rice, and any kind of candy as the fish/vegetables. heh (we used licorice, gummy worms, sour gummy watermelon candies, and chocolate stick things.







It took a lot of work to make since the rice crispy treats like to stick to you more than anything else but I think the end product was very worth it. Yummy!!



<- These were made by Ernst












These were made by Sakura ->

<- And these were made by me. haha Not very pretty but yummy! I accidentally got too much rice crispy in one of my attempts - we named those the sumo sushi! haha

Happy candy sushi rolling! ^^

-nY!

2 comments:

Lauren said...

These are awesome! They look so good, they're making me hungry for real sushi.

jenibug said...

Yummmmm.... these were so good!