Saturday, June 19, 2010

Quilt Interrupted




Well, its seems that life really does go on eventually. Laid out on the floor, is quilt squares that I cut out about 6 months before the flood. I had put them in a ziploc bag and it was high on a shelf above the water line. So here was a project that survived. It has passed thru my hands many many times in the past 5+ years. Then one day it didn't get passed over and returned to a box. I brought the bag in the house and started to work on it. It truly has been quite an experience.
The red fabric is a Raggedy Ann and Andy fabric that I mixed with blue and green ginghams. After I finished it, I went on line to see what Raggedy Ann and Andy are up to these days. Well it turns out that Raggedy Ann turns 95 years old this year. Thanks Nessa (the cat) for blessing the quilt!
All Done...Hi Jennifer.

1 comment:

Cat said...

Wow, I had no idea! Its always a blessing to have these small moments of healing.